Meet Our Providers
Download printable patient forms before your next visit to save time.View Forms
Discover how to have a virtual appointment with your COPC provider.View Details
Billing and Insurance
See the insurances we accept. Providers will vary, check their profile for details.View Insurances
View statements and securely pay your medical bills online.Pay Bill
View medical records, lab results, and more on the Patient Portal.Visit the Portal
Get in touch with us for information and assistance.Get Assistance
About Endocrinology Specialists
The Best in Endocrinology Care for Patients Over 18 Years Old
COPC Endocrinology Specialists was established in January, 2013 as a dedicated endocrinology practice. Our goal is to provide quality medical care with compassion, and focus on the physical, emotional and spiritual well being of all our patients. We strive to help our patients become an active partner in their health care with a strong emphasis on preventive care.
We would like to encourage patients to ask questions surrounding their care and treatment. As specialists in endocrinology, we are committed to treat patients with endocrine related disorders such as Diabetes, Thyroid Disorders, Adrenal and Pituitary Disorders and metabolic Bone Disease.
We are happy to take referrals from your primary care providers!
As a patient, it is your responsibility to inform our staff when changes occur with your contact information including address, phone number and any insurance related information.
Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. If you are late to your appointment by 10 minutes or more, this may require the rescheduling of your appointment. This policy is meant to provide adequate attention to your medical needs while respecting other patient’s appointment times. Although we provide appointment reminders by phone or email, this is a courtesy, and it is the patient’s responsibility for keeping their appointments. A missed appointment or failure to provide a 24-hour cancellation notice will result in a $100.00 fee effective May 1, 2022.
If you have diabetes mellitus, please bring your blood glucose logs and meter to your appointment.
Lab appointments are required to be scheduled in advance. Please note that labs performed in between or after appointments may take 7-14 days to complete and report the results. We encourage the use of the patient portal for communication of lab results.
COPC Endocrinology Specialists provide consultation and treatment for diabetes, thyroid conditions, glandular diseases and other endocrine disorders in adults. Our team works closely with Certified Diabetes Educators in a dedicated classroom within our practice.
Examples of Appropriate Referrals to our Practice:
- Diabetes with HbA1C greater than 9%
- Diabetes with HbA1C between 7%-9% despite the best efforts of the PCP at controlling the blood sugars
- Diabetes requiring complex insulin regimens
- Diabetes with uncontrolled hypoglycemia or pregnancy
- Gestational Diabetes requiring management of blood sugars and insulin regimens throughout pregnancy
- Gestational Diabetes Education (This service is a one time only class to teach patients the basics of nutrition and blood sugar management. Patients should be educated on monitoring their blood sugars and be set up with meters and supplies prior to attending this class)
- Hyperparathyroidism (with lab work performed without patient being on a Calcium Supplement or Thiazide Diuretic)
- HPN SN 2012 Section 12 Referral Guidelines 1
- 2012 HPN Southern Nevada Provider Summary Guide
- Hyperthyroidism with TSH and Free T4 (all labs to be completed within the month prior to submitting the referral)
- Hypogonadism (Male) with Testosterone and Free Testosterone completed by Equilibrium Dialysis (morning fasting), LH, Prolactin, TSH an Free T4 (all labs to be completed within the month prior to submitting the referral)
- Pituitary Disease
- Pituitary Related Amenorrhea with fasting Prolactin Level, Estradiol, FHS, TSH, Free T4, fasting blood sugar and serum pregnancy test (all completed within the last month prior to submitting the referral)
- Thyroid Cancer Follow Up with TSH, Free T4, Thyroglobulin and Anti-Thyroglobulin (all labs completed within the 3 months prior to submitting the referral)
- Thyroid Cancer New Diagnosis with thyroid biopsy completed prior to submitting referral
- Thyroid Nodules with thyroid ultrasound and FNA under ultrasound guidance completed prior to submitting referral
Prescription Policies and Information
When you are here for your appointment, please remember to ask for your prescriptions, otherwise a fee may be applied. There is no guarantee of a chronic prescription refill outside of an appointment. Please consider using the patient portal for your prescription refills. If there is more than one refill request between appointments, than an appointment will be requested for refills. Prescriptions not prescribed by Endocrinology Specialists or extenders will not be filled. Please see your primary care physicians to have these reviewed and refilled. Endocrinology Specialists will not prescribe narcotic medications.
For ALL prescription refills, Endocrinology Specialists staff need 72 hours (or 3 business days) notice. The physician does attempt to submit the prescription sooner, but this is not guaranteed. Please note that our answering service will not accept prescription refills should you call after hours. Our office does not accept prescription refill requests by fax from pharmacies as we do not accept financial responsibility for an auto refill.
When you call in for a refill, please be prepared with the following information:
- Name of the Drug
- Dosage & Quantity needed
- Number of times per day that you take the drug
- Pharmacy information including phone number and location
All copays and coinsurance and are due at time of service. This is a policy that is made with you and your insurance company and it is our role to honor this agreement. Patients who are self-pay will be expected to pay at time of service. Our fees are standardized and are based on the complexity of the visit.
We do not accept Medicaid as a primary or secondary insurance.
Watch Our Video to Learn More
Learn more about Endocrinology Specialists.
400 Altair Pkwy, Suite 3200, Westerville, OH
Monday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Tuesday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Wednesday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Thursday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Friday 8:00 am - 3:30 pm
Closed for Lunch daily 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Lab Hours by Appointment
- 8:00 am - 3:30 pm
- 8:00 am - 2:30 pm
- 8:00 am - 3:30 pm
- 8:00 am - 2:30 pm
Phones are turned off daily from 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
If you need to get in touch with a physician after hours or on the weekend, you will be referred to our answering service. Please be patient as it may take several minutes to reach an operator. The answering service will not take messages for prescription refills. If you have an emergency situation, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
Angela C. Bucci, DO
Carrie E. Casden, DO
Shampa Chatterjee, MD
John E. Paes, DO
Alicia H. Thorne, DO