Why does our LolliHop love this recipe?
- Roasting vegetables will bring out some of their natural sugar. It also comes out colorful with a squishy texture.
- Bonus points for making it a fun way to explore your child’s senses AND expand their palate!
- Pair this veggie side dish with a heart healthy protein like chicken or fish for a balanced meal.
Here's how to make it!
First, start with the sweet potatoes.
- Cut 2 sweet potatoes into 1 inch cubes
- Coat with 1-2 TBSP of oil, and sprinkle of salt, pepper, and 2 cloves of garlic
- Place evenly spread out cubes on a baking sheet
- Cook at 400 degrees for 45 minutes
Next, prepare the beets.
- Peel and cut 4 beets into 1 inch cubes
- Coat with 1-2 TBSP of oil, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper
- On a separate baking sheet, cook at 400 for 15 minutes
Last but not least
Let cool, ask your child for help mixing the two together, and enjoy!