Reps, Sets, and Frequency
- Reps: 10
- Sets: 1
- Daily: 1
- Weekly: 7
Steps 1, 2, & 3
* The images can be clicked on to increase their size.
Begin sitting upright with your feet flat on the ground and your hands on the armrests of the chair.
- Move your bottom forward in the chair before you start the movement
- Lean your torso forward so your head is over your toes, then press into your feet and hands to stand up.
- Slowly sit back down using the armrests for support.
- Make sure to maintain your balance and try to keep your weight evenly distributed between both legs. Do not lock your legs when you are standing.
- As this becomes easier, challenge yourself to use one arm to push and then without arm support.
- After 10 repetitions becomes easier, work toward completing 3 sets of 10.
Click here to view the PDF and print this exercise